Important Note: If you are giving online, please read concerning the newly implemented method of giving to the church in Anaheim through the PayPal Giving Fund.
Donations may be made either by U. S. Mail or electronically. Checks sent by U. S. Mail should be addressed to:
Church in Anaheim
P. O. Box 8583
Anaheim, CA 92812
You can make an online donation to the church through the PayPal Giving Fund if you have a PayPal account or by using a credit card, debit card, or PayPal account without using the PayPal Giving Fund. Here is the difference:
- PayPal does not charge a processing or transaction fee for donations made to the church through the PayPal Giving Fund. However, to use this option you must have a PayPal account and donations are not credited to the church’s account for 15-45 days.
- On donations that do not use the PayPal Giving Fund, PayPal deducts 2.2% of your donation amount as a processing fee and $0.30 as a transaction fee. However, for these transactions you do not need a PayPal account and the church receives the funds immediately.
Donations to the Church through the PayPal Giving Fund
To submit a secure one-time donation to the church through the PayPal Giving Fund (no fee charged to the church), click the “Donate” button below
You will be directed to the PayPal Giving Fund donation page for The Church in Anaheim. Select a donation amount or specify the amount of your donation in the box provided. (At the present time it is not possible to make a recurring donation; only one-time donations can be made.) Click on the blue “Donate Now” button on the PayPal Giving Fund page and then login to PayPal to complete your donation. If you do not have a PayPal account, you will need to register yourself for a PayPal account in order to donate using this method. A receipt will be sent to you from PayPal by email.
- Unless you desire to remain anonymous, please check the box next to “Share my name and email with this charity” on the PPGF donation page. If the box is unchecked, the church will not know the donor’s identity and, as a result, will not be able to issue an acknowledgement of the gift for tax purposes or associate the amount given with a conference or training registration.
- At present, the PayPal Giving Fund method does not allow for designations. If you wish to designate your offering, please write your designation in an email, attach a copy of your receipt, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Online Donations (Not Using the PayPal Giving Fund)
You can make one-time or recurring donations without using the PayPal Giving Fund using a credit card, debit card, or a PayPal account as described below.
Using this “Donate” button, you can:
- Give a one-time donation. Your one-time donation can be either designated or undesignated.
- Give an unending recurring monthly donation. However, you will NOT be able to designate the purpose of your recurring donation if you use the “Donate” button.
To submit a secure designated or undesignated ONE TIME donation or an undesignated MONTHLY UNENDING RECURRING donation through PayPal via the “Donate” button above:
- Specify the amount of your donation.
- Check the box “Make this a monthly donation” ONLY if you want your donation to be monthly and unending AND if you do NOT want to specify a purpose for (designate) your donation (that is, you are giving to the church in Anaheim’s general fund). (NOTE: At present it is not possible to designate a monthly recurring donation using the “Donate” button.)
- To complete your donation you can either:
- Log in to PayPal (if you do not have a PayPal account, you can register for one); OR
- Donate with a credit or debit card.
- To designate your one-time donation for a specific purpose, on the PayPal page that contains the “Donate Now” button, click on the text “Add a note” and type a clear, brief description of your purpose. Undesignated offerings will be used to meet the general needs of the church.
A receipt for your donation will be sent to you by email. Please keep any receipt you receive for tax purposes. For instructions on how to cancel or modify your recurring donation, see below.
Note: Paypal charges 30 cents per transaction and 2.2% of the amount of the transaction. So if an offering of $100 is made, the church will be credited with $97.50.
Canceling or Modifying Your Recurring Donation with Paypal
Specifying a recurring donation will set up a pre-approved recurring payment in your PayPal account. To cancel or modify this recurring payment, log in to your PayPal account, click on the “Settings” button (wheel) and then on “Payments” and “Manage pre-approved payments.” To cancel your recurring donation, click on the payment to the church in Anaheim and cancel it. In order to change the amount and other details of your recurring donation, you must manually cancel your old donation and set up a new one on this page.