On May 17 the church in Anaheim will begin a three-year schedule of reading through the entire Bible. The current plan is to read the Old Testament in three years together with the New Testament in the first two years and a rereading of the Epistles in the third year.
To keep track of their progress, the saints can download a schedule with checkboxes by clicking on the links below. This schedule, in PDF format, can be used on a computer, a smartphone, or a tablet. After you click on the reading schedule links below, make sure to download and save the .PDF file to your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Instructions on Setting Up a Bible Reading Schedule
It is possible for the saints to set up their own Bible reading schedule that corresponds to the church’s schedule and request that the verses for each day be emailed to them. Here are instructions (see example below):
- Go to https://mybiblereading.bfa.org
- Create an account or sign in to your account.
- From the Dashboard click on “My Schedules.”
- Click on “Create New Schedule,” then scroll down to “Custom Schedule.” Do not choose an existing template.
- After you name each schedule, check the box “Email me my daily reading portions” and select the time of day when you want the email to be sent.
- Create three separate schedules according to the range of books of the Bible and the reading dates for the church’s reading schedule, as follows:
⊛ Old Testament in 3 Years: Genesis to Malachi from May 16, 2021 through May 11, 2024.
⊛ New Testament in 2 Years: Matthew to Revelation from May 16, 2021 through May 13, 2023.
⊛ NT Epistles in 1 Year: Romans to Revelation from May 14, 2023 through May 11, 2024.
- For “Schedule Type,” select “By end date.”
- Enter the appropriate start date and end date.
- Under “Skip Days,” click the box next to “Sun” (that is, read only 6 days per week).
- Click the “Create” button. Wait a few minutes for the schedule to create then click on “Dashboard” and then click on “My Schedules.” The created schedule should appear in the list.
*If you have difficulty creating a schedule, please contact someone in your small group for help.